Thanks for your response, David.
> What do you mean by own extensions to NumPy ? If you mean building
> extensions against the C API of NumPy, then you don't need to build your own
> NumPy. Building NumPy with Intel Compilers and MKL is a non-trivial process,
> so I would rather avoid it.
I want to have exact control which version of numpy I use. In
particular, I want to use the current development version.

> If you still want to build it by yourself, could you give us the full output
> of your build ?
My site.cfg looks like:
[mkl]
library_dirs = /opt/intel/lib/intel64:/opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64
include_dirs = /opt/intel/include/
mkl_libs = mkl_def, mkl_intel_lp64, mkl_intel_thread, mkl_core, iomp5
lapack_libs = mkl_lapack95_lp64

and I build numpy by
python setup.py config --compiler=intelem --fcompiler=intelem
build_clib --compiler=intelem --fcompiler=intelem build_ext
--compiler=intelem --fcompiler=intelem install > log.txt

https://gist.github.com/2213552 is the content of log.txt. There were
no outputs on stderr.
I asume that the warnings can be ignored. However, there is a frequent error:

_configtest.c(5): error: the size of an array must be greater than zero
      static int test_array [1 - 2 * !(((long) (sizeof
(npy_check_sizeof_type))) == 12)];
                             ^

compilation aborted for _configtest.c (code 2)

How can I get rid of it?

Thanks,
Christoph