On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.cer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded the NumPy 1.7.0 source distribution to pypi:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/numpy/1.7.0
>
> I did it by uploading the file PKG-INFO from numpy-1.7.0.tar.gz. It
> said "Error processing form. Form Failure; reset form submission"
> about 3x times,
> but on the 4th try it went through. I reported the issue here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3604194&group_id=66150&atid=513504
>
> I then attached the numpy-1.7.0.tar.gz and numpy-1.7.0.zip source files.
>
> Now I am having trouble attaching the windows installers, just like
> they are here:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/numpy/1.6.2

Those installers are ones built through bdist_wininst. You should
*not* upload superpack installers there, as most python tools will not
know what to do with it. For example, easy_install will not work with
those, even though it does with simple installers from bdist_wininst.

So ideally, one should build simple (== bdist_wininst-generated)
installers using the lowest common denominator for architecture (i.e.
pure blas/lapack, not atlas), and the superpack installer on
sourceforge. Incidentally, that's why the super pack installer uses a
different filename, to avoid confusion.

David