On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Riccardo De Maria
<riccardodema...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The library should handle correctly leap seconds, otherwise using unix time
> as a floating point number is already sufficient for many applications.

well, we could have used floating point in datetime64, but integers
have their advantages.

But anyway, I'd like to keep the leap-second question separate from
the time zone question -- they are orthogonal issues. So if you feel
strongly about this, please write up a proposal, and start a new
thread for that. leap-seconds don't happen to be my itch...

Thanks,
   -Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov