On 06/25/2013 04:21 PM, Frédéric Bastien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wasn't able to attend this year Scipy Conference. My tutorial proposal
> was rejected and other deadline intefered with this conference date.
>
> Will the presentation be recorded? If not, can you make the slide available?
>
> What is your opinion on this question:
>
> - Should other lib like NumPy/Theano/Cython/Numba base their elemwise
> implemention (or part of it) on dynd or minivect? I know cython and
> Numba do it, but it was before dynd and I don't know where dynd fit in
> the big picture. Do dynd reuse minivect itself?

Actually, I think the Cython branch with minivect support was in the end
not merged, due to lack of interest/manpower to maintain support for
vectorization in the long term (so it was better to not add the feature
than have a badly supported feature).

My understanding is that Numba is based on minivect and not on dynd, so
it's more of a competitor.

Perhaps Mark Florisson will be able to comment.

Dag Sverre