Probably the thing to do for reliable behaviour is to decide on the
behaviour we want and then implement it "by hand". I.e., either clear the
FP flags inside the ufunc loop (if we decide that log shouldn't raise a
warning), or else check for nan and set the invalid flag ourselves.
(Checking for nan should be much cheaper than computing log, I think, so
this should be okay speed-wise?)