On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM, <numpy-discussion-requ...@scipy.org> wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 21:36:48 +0300
> From: Dmitrey <tm...@ukr.net>
> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] [ANN] MATLAB ODE solvers - now
>         available in    Python
> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
> Cc: numpy-discussion@scipy.org
>

> Seems like using the MATLAB solvers with MCR requires my wrappers
> containing in several files to be compiled with MATLAB Compiler before. I
> have no license for MATLAB thus I may have problems if I'll make it done
> and will spread it with OpenOpt suite code, also, binary files are
> incompatible with BSD license.

Darn, knew it was too good to be true.

> On the other hand, IIRC a little bit obsolete MATLAB versions (I don't
> think difference is essential) have more liberal licenses.
> As for MATLAB solvers examples, I have already mentioned them in the mail
> list, you could see them in http://openopt.org/ODE (just replace solver
> name from scipy_lsoda to ode23s or any other), http://openopt.org/NLP ,
> http://openopt.org/SNLE

Oooops, so sorry. :-o

DG

> ----------------------
> Regards, D. http://openopt.org/Dmitrey
>

> End of NumPy-Discussion Digest, Vol 85, Issue 17

>From "A Letter From The Future" in "Peak Everything" by Richard Heinberg:

"By the time I was an older teenager, a certain...attitude was developing
among the young people...a feeling of utter contempt for anyone over a
certain age--maybe 30 or 40.  The adults had consumed so many resources,
and now there were none left for their own children...when those adults
were younger, they [were] just doing what everybody else was doing...they
figured it was normal to cut down ancient forests for...phone books, pump
every last gallon of oil to power their SUV's...[but] for...my generation
all that was just a dim memory...We [grew up] living in darkness, with
shortages of food and water, with riots in the streets, with people begging
on street corners...for us, the adults were the enemy."

Want to *really* understand what's *really* going on?  Read "Peak
Everything."