I have the following code, operating on some arrays.

pen = 1 - (real_sum[int(i1 + t)]) / (absolute[int(i1 + t)])
if np.isnan(pen):
                pen = 0.0

I know that, sometimes, real_sum and absolute are 0 at the designated
point, so I should get a RuntimeWarning. But, the warning is puzzling:

RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in double_scalars
  pen = 0.0

Is the warning actually being raised at that point? Or can I not really
trust the line reported by the warning? I have tried to replicate it in
interactive terminal, but without luck, I always get it in the previous
line.

I am using Python 2.7 and Numpy 1.8.0.

/David.