On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.mol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/02/14 17:57, Jurgen Van Gael wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I run Mac OS X 10.9.1 and was trying to get OpenBLAS working for numpy.
>> I've downloaded the OpenBLAS source and compiled it (thanks to Olivier
>> Grisel).
>
> How?
>
> $ make TARGET=SANDYBRIDGE USE_OPENMP=0 BINARY=64 NOFORTRAN=1

You'll definitely want to disable the affinity support too, and
probably memory warmup. And possibly increase the maximum thread
count, unless you'll only use the library on the computer it was built
on. And maybe other things. The OpenBLAS build process has so many
ways to accidentally impale yourself, it's an object lesson in why
building regulations are a good thing.

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith