On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Leo Mao <lmao20...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aron,
>
> Previously mentioned by Julian, Yeppp may be a good candidate.
> As for selecting a good library, I will consider the performance and the
> API of the library.
> The integration of the library should improve the performance of numpy and
> also not make the source too complicated to maintain.
> And I think the library should be mature so that the API will not be
> changed significantly.
>
> Please point out if there is something I miss.
> Also I will be grateful to any suggestions for my proposal.
>
> Regards,
> Leo Mao
>

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Aron Ahmadia <a...@ahmadia.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Leo,
>>
>> Out of curiosity, which vector math libraries did you have in mind as
>> likely candidates for inclusion?  How are you planning on selecting the
>> library to integrate?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Aron
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Leo Mao <lmao20...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> The attachment is my draft of proposal. The project is "vector math
>>> library integration".
>>> I think I need some feedback to make it solider.
>>> Any comment will be appreciated.
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Leo Mao

The proposal as it stands is too open ended and lacking in specifics.
Probably you should select a library before the start of GSOC, or at least
have a list of candidates, and also narrow the part of numpy you want to
improve to something definite: linalg, special functions, etc. That doesn't
mean you can't do more if time allows ;) An estimate of expected gains over
current code would also help.

Chuck