Hi,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Sturla Molden <sturla.mol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how their performance compares to MKL or the
>> reference implementations?
>
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Benchmark

I don't know how relevant these are to our case. If I understand
correctly, the usual use of Eigen, as in these benchmarks, is to use
the Eigen headers to get fast code via C++ templating.

Because they know some of us need this, Eigen can also build a more
standard blas / lapack library to link against, but I presume this
will stop Eigen templating doing lots of clever tricks with the
operations, and therefore slow it down.  Happy to be corrected though.

> http://gcdart.blogspot.de/2013/06/fast-matrix-multiply-and-ml.html

I think this page does not use the Eigen blas libraries either [1]

Also - this is on a massive linux machine ("48 core and 66GB RAM").
He's done a great job of showing what he did though.

The problem for us is:

We can't use MKL, ACML [2]
atlas is very difficult to compile on 64 bit windows, and has some
technical limitations on 64 bit [3]

So I think we're down to openblas and eigen for 64-bit windows. Does
anyone disagree?

Cheers,

Matthew

[1] :