On 11/04/14 20:47, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

> Also, while Windows is maybe in the worst shape, all platforms would
> seriously benefit from the existence of a reliable speed-competitive
> binary-distribution-compatible BLAS that doesn't break fork().

Windows is worst off, yes.

I don't think fork breakage by Accelerate is a big problem on Mac OS X.
Apple has made clear that only POSIX APIs are fork safe. And actually
this is now recognized as an error in multiprocessing and fixed in
Python 3.4:

multiprocessing.set_start_method('spawn')

On Linux the distributions will usually ship with prebuilt ATLAS.

Sturla