> You may need to run the test code a few times to get the issue.

Okay, yeah, I can reproduce the #4007 issue now. Both with the 3.4 dmg from
python.org and the OSX wheel as well as 2.7 with numpy compiled from
source. I need to run the test [1] a couple times to get it.

But I think Sturla's observation about the _umath_linalg ABI issues is
separate.

-Robert

[1] https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/4007#issuecomment-27708193