On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM, David Cournapeau <courn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe bento will revive and take over the new python packaging world!
>> Maybe not. Maybe something else will. I don't see how our support for
>> it will really affect these outcomes in any way. And I especially
>> don't see why it's important to spend time *now* on keeping bento
>> working, just in case it becomes useful *later*.
>
> But it is working right now, so that argument is moot.

My suggestion was that we should drop the rule that a patch has to
keep bento working to be merged. We're talking about future breakages
and future effort. The fact that it's working now doesn't say anything
about whether it's worth continuing to invest time in it.

--
Nathaniel J. Smith
http://vorpus.org