> This version of Numpy does not appear to be available as an installable
> binary.  In any event, the LAPACK and other packages do not seem to be
> available with the installable versions.
>
> I understand that Windows Studio 2008 is normally used for Windows compiling.
> Unfortunately, this is no longer available from Microsoft.  The link is
> replaced by a Power Point presentation.
>
> Can anyone suggest an alternative compiler/linker?

The web installers for MSVC Express 2008 is still online at:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7729279

FYI I recently update the scikit-learn documentation for building
under windows, both for Python 2 and Python 3 as well as 32 bit and 64
bit architectures:

http://scikit-learn.org/stable/install.html#building-on-windows

The same build environment should work for numpy (I think).

--
Olivier