> It's because that list is old and has not been updated. It has the
> predecessor to Cython, Pyrex, but they are very different now.
>
> Both SciPy and NumPy has Cython as a build dependency, and also projects
> like scikit-learn, scikit-image, statsmodels.
>
> If you find C++ projects which use Swig (wxPython, PyWin32) or SIP (PyQt)
> it is mainly because they are older than Cython. A more recent addition,
> PyZMQ, use Cython to wrap C++.

Just to clarify that, while PyZMQ wraps a library written in C++, libzmq's
public API is C, not C++. PyZMQ does not use any of Cython's C++
functionality. I have done other similar (unfortunately not public)
projects that wrap actual C++ libraries with Cython, and I have been happy
with Cython's C++ support[1].

-MinRK

[1] At least as happy as I was with the wrapped C++ code, anyway.