On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Stefan van der Walt
<stef...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> On 2015-09-23 09:39:00, Thomas Robitaille <thomas.robitai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We have released a small experimental package called numtraits that
>> builds on top of the traitlets package and provides a NumericalTrait
>> class that can be used to validate properties such as:
>
> This looks great!  At the moment, a pip install tries to install a
> different version of NumPy, even though I already have the development
> version on my tree.

FYI the alternative solution is to fix your local numpy install to
give pip an accurate picture of what you have installed. The key thing
is to make sure you have a .egg-info / .dist-info for your numpy --
that's what pip looks for to figure out what's installed. (python
setupegg.py egg_info will generate one IIRC).

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith -- http://vorpus.org