On Mi, 2016-02-17 at 20:59 +0100, Jaime Fernández del Río wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just found out there is a PyData Madrid happening in early April,
> and it would feel wrong not to go, it being my hometown and all.
>
> Aside from the usual "Who else is going? We should meet!" I was also
> thinking of submitting a proposal for a talk.  My idea was to put
> something together on "The future of NumPy indexing" and use it as an
> opportunity to raise awareness and hopefully gather feedback from
> users on the proposed changes, in sort of a "if the mountain won't
> come to Muhammad" type of thing.

I guess you do know my last name means mountain in german? But if
Muhammed might come, I should really improve my arabic ;).

In any case sounds good to me if you like to do it, I don't think I
will go, though it sounds nice.
There are probably some other bigger things for "the future of NumPy",
both impact and work wise. Such as the dtypes ideas, which might be
nice to mention on such an occasion.

Of course I like feedback on indexing, though (not sure if your ideas
for indexing go further then what I think of right now). That NEP and
code is sitting there after all with a decent chunk done and pretty
much working (though relatively far from finished with testing and
subclasses). Plus we have to make sure we get the details right, and
there a talk may really help too :).

- Sebastian