> Back to original post, I wonder if `upsmon -c fsd` had left a file (e.g.
> `/tmp/killflag` or some such) that gets interpreted as an ongoing FSD when
> the client starts?

A malingering kill-flag occurred to me as fitting the symptoms as well, but I
found no trace of it in the default location. Plus, since the cycle was killing
and rebooting my server, as you said, the invisible flag would have to be
persisting across boots.

[cid:f5861ddd-5087-4089-98fb-5f73b0b8f50a]
IT & Office Manager
________________________________

​------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
​Disclaimer
​
​​​​​This message may contain confidential information and ​is intended only
for the individual(s) or entities ​named above. Any review, retransmission,
​dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of ​this information by
persons or entities other than ​the intended recipient is prohibited. ​Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you ​have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this ​​e-mail from any and all computers it may be stored
on. ​​No liability is accepted for any errors or omissions ​in the contents of
this message which arise as a ​result of e-mail transmission. ​​If verification
is required, please request a hard-​copy version. ​No liability is accepted for
any damage caused by any ​virus transmitted by this e-mail. The recipient
​should check this e-mail and any attachments for the ​presence of viruses.