On 1/8/22 19:48, Goran Vukoman wrote:
I've found a nice UPS with strange serial connection.

https://www.bicker.de/en/upsic-1205
https://www.bicker.de/files/downloads/datenblatt/upsic-1205_e.pdf

There is not much information about the serial connection in that
document.

But there is some accessories for the serial connection

https://www.bicker.de/en/psz-1063
https://www.bicker.de/files/downloads/handbuch/benutzerhandbuch-users-manual-psz-1063.pdf

Is the information in that document sufficent to write a rs232-serial-
driver for NUT?

Regards

It looks a nice toy for low power devices, indeed. And its onboard RS232 , by the lack of Rx/Tx , is the oddest one I've seen in 30+ years since I deal with serial interfaces ( burnt the first one in '87 on my Commodore 64 ). OTOH it seems that , after connecting the "μExtension Modul" the serial starts to behave like a regular one ( that is, it has all the usual pins and signals ). I guess that a driver for it could be written by a passionate who has access to a board, given that https://www.bicker.de/files/downloads/handbuch/benutzerhandbuch-users-manual-psz-1063.pdf seems to provide the communication protocol. OTOH, RS232 in 2022 seems a bit .. ancient, the world transitioned to USB a long time ago. But looking at the electronic schemes they include, I kind of understand the reasoning behind their choice... although a USB interface is not so hard to implement nowadays.

wolfy