On Aug 11, 2022, at 10:06 AM, Richard Ward wrote:

>  I need to specify the usb port in the ups.conf file, but I cannot work out
> how to find the path for each ups to fill in the port = section. If I leave
> it as port = auto, then only 1 unit can be monitored at a time.

as the documentation describes, just leave port=auto and use the other
USB-specific options to distinguish USB UPSes from one another:
https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html#_implementation (port is a
relic from the days of serial UPSes)

If the UPSes are truly identical (no unique serial number), then that's
something you should take up with your UPS vendor.