Hey all!

Thanks for the responses so far.

I’m not overly familiar with USB HID, so it sounds like I’m going to need
to do some homework there. Someone have a good intro learning in mind?

We had looked at the OpenUPS board and were prepared to move in that
direction, but we’re finding that it lacks a few needed features and
through testing we’re quickly running into power and temperature limits
that will only get worse once put into warmer environments. As mentioned
the OpenUPS board isn’t really “open” and getting them to implement some of
the features we need wasn’t going to happen.

Back to NUT, I guess I was hoping there’s an ideal implementation on the
firmware side that works fully with one of the provided drivers on the
Linux side. Openups-hid.c is interesting; is the protocol really as simple
as sending back data when the firmware receives a string like
UPS.PowerSummary.RunTimeToEmpty?

Thanks!

Josh Q