> On Jan 28, 2023, at 6:14 PM, Jim Klimov via Nut-upsuser
> <nut-upsuser@alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:
>
> and I have a hard time guessing what distro might ship a "driver.version:
> DSM7-1-1-42930-workplus-version2-repack-42930-220712". Ask them what NUT
> version (release or snapshot) they use, and if they would consider shipping a
> newer one?

Jim, veering OT from the original post, but probably a Synology NAS? e.g.
https://www.synoforum.com/threads/another-dsm7-regression-ups.6586/page-4

I could see this happening if someone unpacks a NUT release tarball in a larger
Git/SVN working copy, and the NUT version expansion code picks up one of the
parent repository's tags.

Ubuntu 22.04 includes NUT 2.7.4 + some Debian/Ubuntu patches, and is built
against NSS instead of OpenSSL, hence that error. Ref:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/nut ->
https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/nut-client ->
https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/libupsclient4

Roger, I don't think self-signed certificates will help in this case - if
present, the code also logs a message to stderr showing the location of the
certificate database:
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.7.4/clients/upsclient.c#L363