Cheers all,

  Issue https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/723 was brought up
recently, and I've re-verified it with the current codebase that it still
happens.

  The crux of it is that if upsd can LISTEN to some but not all addresses,
it aborts because "no listening interface available" and worse - does so
inconsistently (seems to depend on whether the *first* listed address
works).

  A fix (to count if at least one address either is or isn't accessible) is
not complicated technically; a bigger question is which behavior would be
"right" with regard to security(?) vs. usability? What do other networked
servers do - so we might follow deterministic suit and claim least-surprise?

Jim