Hi
I have installed the following libraries in Debian 12.

ii  libusb-0.1-4:amd64              2:0.1.12-32
  amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-0:amd64              2:1.0.26-1
  amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-1.0-0-dev:amd64          2:1.0.26-1
  amd64        userspace USB programming library development files
ii  libusb-1.0-doc                  2:1.0.26-1
  all          documentation for userspace USB programming

But when I try configure with :
./configure --with-libsystemd --with-user=nut --with-group=nut --with-usb

I only get the following output. Do I need another version of libusb?
Its version 1.0 and the dev files are there. Normally it should work,
shouldn't it?

configure: can not check libusb settings via pkg-config
checking for libusb-config... no
checking for libusb preferred version... none
configure: WARNING: Defaulting libusb configuration
checking for libusb cflags...
checking for libusb ldflags... -lusb
checking for usb.h... no
checking for usb_init... no
configure: error: USB drivers requested, but libusb not found.

Yours
Stefan