Ha! The secret sauce! Thanks, Tim - This last bit has got my system working.

I had nut-server.service enabled and nut.target disabled. I cannot tell you how they got to that state. It might be the RPM, or more likely my messing around several months ago. I do not remember ...

In any event, I added the network stuff to the Wants and After lines in the nut.target file, then disabled nut-server.service and enabled nut.target. After reboot it is all working. No more manual intervention. Woot!

I wonder if this will get Rick's system running??

Bill Gee