2006/7/27, Charles Lepple <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 7/27/06, Arnaud Quette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> 2006/7/25, Phil DeBoest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >  I downloaded the revision 474, configured with:
> > ./configure --with-user=nut --with-drivers=newhidups
>
> caution: 474 is from JD-NewConf branches, which is a special
> development branch for the new configuration.

Arnaud,

Hate to nitpick here, but when Phil downloaded the trunk, it would say
'Updated to revision 474' (or something like that) even though the
trunk does not contain JD-NewConf changes.

Changeset 474 is effectively a no-op if you update the trunk.

So while the SVN revision number uniquely identifies the state of the
repository, it does not identify which branch you are working on.

thanks for this update Charles. I'm still not fully fluent with svn,
so this kind of correction is welcome.

Arnaud