Peter Selinger wrote:

I wanted to mention that some of Cyberpower UPS use a USB to Serial bridge; I am not sure that the GS upses implement this method or not. If it has a serial port, try using the new 'powerpanel' driver (which I believe is in the new 2.0.5-pre2 release, and in the trunk).

Dear Gary,

NUT 2.0.3 is an ancient version. CPS support was added to newhidups
much later.

-- Peter

P.S. please keep list traffic on the mailing list. Thanks!
Gary Redden wrote:
You wrote the following on the NUT-upsuser mailing list

To check if your device's USB interface is supported, try the
newhidups driver. You can run this driver (at first) as

 drivers/newhidups -DD -u root auto

If the device is not (yet) supported, then please find out the vendor
id and product id of the device; they should be in the debug output
from the driver (something like abcd/0123), or you can see them with
'lsusb' or similar.

-- Peter

I have the same Geek Squad UPS. Cyber Power Systems support told me to use newhidups driver but the following printout from newhidups seems to say the UPS is not supported. The only CPS UPS shown under newhidups is the 685AVR. I have e-mailed CPS support to see if the 685AVR driver will work with the GS 1285U. But I do not know how to proceed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sudo /lib/nut/newhidups -DD -u root auto
Password:
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.3)

debug level is '2'
Checking device (0764/0501) (001/003)
- VendorID: 0764
- ProductID: 0501
- Manufacturer: CPS
- Product:  GS 1285U
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0553/0202) (001/002)
- VendorID: 0553
- ProductID: 0202
- Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
- Product: USB Dual-mode Camera
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (001/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.15-27-386 uhci_hcd
- Product: UHCI Host Controller
- Serial Number: 0000:00:07.2
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
No appropriate HID device found
No matching USB/HID UPS found
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sudo lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0764:0501 Cyber Power System, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0553:0202 STMicroelectronics Imaging Division (VLSI Vision) Aiptek PenCam 1
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$