Am Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009 12:01:41 schrieb Arnaud Quette:
> 2009/2/26 Charles Lepple <clep...@gmail.com>
>
> > On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM, KP Kirchdoerfer
> >
> > <kap...@bering-uclibc.de> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I own a UPS HP T750.
> > >
> > > Is there a driver for this UPS (either serial or USB)?
> >
> > As you may have already seen, we don't have an entry for this UPS in
> > data/drivers.list yet.
> >
> > However, HP often repackages other vendors' equipment. Does the
> > documentation mention what software is used to monitor the UPS on
> > Windows? Often this is a clue as to what is inside.

AFAIK native HP software.

> knowing the OS you're running would also help...

yes, sorry; I'm running Debian Lenny.

> for example, on Linux for USB, you could run lsusb to help determine the

lsusb just shows Hewlett Packard...

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 03f0:1f06 Hewlett-Packard

> rebrand originator and so the potential driver needed. My guess is that
> it's either Powerware (so bcmxcp_* or usbhid-ups) or Apc (so apcsmart or
> usbhid-ups)

Unfortunately none of these worked; the errors are varying:

with apcsmart
Unable to detect an APC Smart protocol UPS on port /dev/ttyS1
Check the cabling, port name or model name and try again
similar message with the bcmxcp driver;

the upscode2 driver gives:
Missing UPCL after UPCL
No contact with UPS, delaying init.