Citeren "Svein Skogen (listmail account)" <svein-listm...@stillbilde.net>:

I've set up my ups solution with a dedicated box (laptop with its own
powersupply) connected to the ups, and have set up upsmon.conf to use a
customized script (SHUTDOWNCMD
"/usr/local/upsmonitor-files/shutdown.sh") that shuts down my ESXi boxes
properly.

However when ups power reaches the shutdown point, it seems that NUT
promptly ignores the shutdown script and goes on to shut down the
monitoring box instead. The laptop is running FreeBSD 7 stable
(RELENG_7) with nut version 2.4.1

What have I done wrong? (in all respects except this, the NUT setup works)

Read the section on POWER VALUES in 'man 8 upsmon'. You probably should assign the UPS a 'power value' of 0 (zero) on the laptop that is monitoring it (but isn't powered by it).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list