Citeren Jean Delvare <kh...@linux-fr.org>:

I'm testing it now. The new driver indeed shows new commands:

test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test

Good. You seem to be running the latest version from the trunk.

But upscmd fails with:

# upscmd rs800 -u admin test.battery.start.quick
Error: old command names are not supported

Not surprising. The order of command line options is wrong. The correct order would be

    upscmd -u admin rs800 test.battery.start.quick

See 'man 8 upscmd'.

I am running the usbhid-ups driver from SVN and upscmd from SVN too,
but upsd and upsmon are from 2.4.1. Do I also have to upgrade either or
both of upsd and upsmon to SVN as well?

Older versions of upsd and upsmon should be fine (newer than 2.0.5, if memory serves).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list