Charles Lepple ha scritto:
On Nov 6, 2009, at 9:08 AM, nick wrote:

I've got a big UPS from an italian manufacturer MSC elettronica which should be megatec protocol based. They distribute it with Upsilon2000, developed by Megatec, and with a cable listed on the megatec site:

Which cable? M2502, M2505, or something else?
M2505

http://www.megatec.com.tw/FAQ.htm

How do I know the M2505 cable is the one that should be used on my UPS instead of M2502 cable?

UPS that use both these cables are TRUE RS232 UPS with MegaTec protocol. The difference is:

UPS communicate with computer on pin 6.7.9 ---> M2502 cable
UPS communicate with computer on pin 2.3.5 ---> M2505 cable

There is only one pair of data pins for a PC RS-232 port, so I assume that the above pin assignments refer to the UPS side of the cable. Does your UPS have any documentation saying which pins are TX and RX?

Yes, after some more deep googling, I was able to find the pinouts of the M2502 cable, and it went 2.3.5. to 6.7.9 on the PC side.

We tested the M2505 cable with a multimeter, and found that the pins more or less went straight through, 1 to 1, 6 to 6, etc.

UPS listed below are the ones who uses M2505 cable:

Delta: GES-N
Chroma: 91 Series
Phoenixtec: C Series

So, as far as I can tell, it should be using the megatec driver, but I'm not sure if there's something I need to change or specify to let it know that the signaling pins are 2.3.5, or if in fact there's another better adapted driver in this case?

I also have a dumb port that I can fall back on, but I'd prefer a bit more information if at all possible.

I'm using CentOS 5.0, with nut 2.2.0, and ttyS0 is the only serial port I have available on the machine.

setserial -g /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

The cable is good and no one is using the serial port (at least I never receive any indication of this).

What are you using to test the cable?
Apart from the multimeter, the software that they provided, for some reason their installer requires me to use a VT102 terminal to see it properly, and when I was able to understand that, I was able to communicate with the UPS..

Can anyone give me an idea of where to look or try next?

How is the driver failing?

It says there's no Megatec protocol UPS on that port more or less.