Citeren Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@gmail.com>:

Ping?

I didn't comment to that message (for exactly the reasons in the subject field) and you seemed to be in the process of figuring stuff out yourself (which we prefer, since then people actually learn, instead of us developers telling them how to do things). But apparently you've hit a brick wall in the process.

Please post the present status of the

1) usbhid-ups (driver)
2) if 1) is running, the upsd (server)
3) if 2) is running, the upsmon (client)

They all need to be up and running in this order. It's a waste of effort to try to run the upsd server, if the driver isn't running properly. So the first you need to do is make sure you have a running driver.

The line

    /path/to/usbhid-ups -DDD -a yourups

should result in a continuous flow of information. Dump the output of the first 60 seconds in a logfile, gzip it and attach the result to a message.

It might also help to upgrade to a more recent version of NUT (2.4.1), since the version you're running now (2.2.2) seems to be quite outdated.

Best regards, Arjen

PS Don't post strace output, since unless you know exactly what you're looking for, it will just wastes bandwidth. The right amount of -D options is easier on our eyes.
--
Please keep list traffic on the list