Citeren Lukas Haase <lukasha...@gmx.at>:

I somehow tried both but it does somehow not work as expected.

When I add

ups : ALL
upsd : ALL

to hosts.deny, then no communication should be possible. However, I can access the statistics from another host running upsstats.cgi!

I also tested with "upsc denchi@localhost" - it always works!

The documentation says that this tcp-wrappers is only used for commands that require to be logged in to the UPS. Since upsc and upsstats don't require a login, this will be passed through. There is not much point in trying to prevent this (see the mailinglist archives).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)