黃俊瑋 wrote, On 2/20/2013 5:45 PM:
My default setting in upsmon.conf already have "POLLFREQ 5". (defalut value in upsmon.conf)
And my original pollinterval is pollinterval=5.
I didn't run nut on VM when I report this issue.

I tried Oleg's solution to set pollinterval=0, it works. But I am afraid any other side effect.

I was talking about pollfreq in usbhid-ups,
http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html.

When I get time, I plan to test UPS notifications. I'm interested to see how NUT reacts.

I did notice one thing though after switching to NUT. The many APC RS UPS's I have spam battery disconnect/reconnect (no battery) messages as one of the indications that a replacement battery is needed.

NUT didn't care this was happening, as there were no messages or upsc output to indicate an issue. So UPS notifications are not working or NUT is ignoring short-lived events. The replace/bad battery light was going on and off randomly, so I knew it was happening at the time.

If I unplug the battery for real, NUT will eventually tell me.