On Jun 3, 2013, at 12:21 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

It would be easier to configure UPSes for upsc, upsmon and nut-monitor with
client config file.
Maybe ups.conf ?

On 03.06.13 19:12, Charles Lepple wrote:
If you are looking for a simpler way to set up NUT in general, there is the
nut-scanner tool.  I don't use it, but others on the list might be able to
help.

The separation between clients and server is to allow processes like upsmon
and the drivers to run as different users.  There are also passwords in
some of the configuration files.  Aside from that, what do you suggest
that we combine?

I wondered if the ups parameters could be read from a configuration file by
upsc and NUT-monitor (the python interface), maybe even upsmon.

I can of couse create wrappers or scripts that will work around this but I'm
curious if someone finds this useful. I only have one UPS and when I want
to see its status, I must provide the same values, so I'm searching for way
to avoid this.

The security should not be an issue if we only read the UPS status, correct?

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.