Charles Lepple wrote, On 12/4/2013 4:11 PM:
On Dec 4, 2013, at 3:52 PM, Kris Jordan wrote:

Roger Price wrote, On 12/4/2013 12:35 PM:
I would like nut to become more loquacious, and to log a much more complete
report of its activity.  At present nut reports that its components have
started operation but does not automatically log their activity when UPS's
switch between OB and OL.  I believe that this under-reporting of important
facts is too minimalist - it would be better for system administrators and for
the nut support team if a much more complete report were available of all OB/OL
activity by each component.
I've noticed that NUT doesn't notice short power outages or glitches like
previous setups (APC Smart-UPS+Apcupsd) I've had. I do miss that. I thought NUT
supported UPS notifications/interrupts so that it can know of power events that
happen in-between the regular poll interval. But I don't how much the lack of
reporting is due to NUT or the Eaton UPS's I am using now.

The default setting in upsmon.conf for ONLINE/ONBATT is SYSLOG+WALL.

If those events aren't being logged, we would need to trace further upstream
and see if the driver is generating the events.

Kris: I don't know the various debug levels off the top of my head, but if you
want to manually start the driver with a few -D flags and log the resulting
output, we can see whether or not your UPS is sending the notifications the way
that the driver is expecting them.

apcsmart quick power cuts @  20 & 30
usbhid-ups @ 30 & 40

The APC unit logs alert_handler: OB. usbhid-ups isn't so obvious, so I'm not sure.

At least the apcsmart driver is reacting immediately, but upsmon reports nothing unless I cut power long enough. upsmond has noticed quick power cut, but I think that's because It happened at the same time as the normal check interval. I'm using defaults here, as far as poll intervals.

Maybe upsd is getting the message, does it push upsmon?

I thought to try upsd at full debugging to see if it says anything, but it appears that nothing special is shown for UPS/driver events.

2.7.1 is working fine so far. Thanks for changing the USB timeout.