On Feb 24, 2014, at 3:56 AM, Tim Dawson wrote:

> Either it is not loaded, or the usb serial and/or hid drivers are not loaded,
> which appear to have been used on your Debian box.

Tim,

For most of the USB drivers in NUT, we tend to bypass the kernel USB-to-serial
and HID drivers (detaching them if necessary). If there is a serial variant of
the driver, it can usually make use of a /dev/ttyUSB* node, but if an UPS
doesn't present the full HID PDC descriptor set, it probably won't present a
proper ACM USB-to-serial interface, either.

Josu,

Are you sure you don't have something like the following in dmesg in OpenWRT?

[181041.636190] usb 4-4: new low-speed USB device number 2 using ohci_hcd
[181041.805327] usb 4-4: New USB device found, idVendor=0665, idProduct=5161

That is at an even lower level than usbhid.

You seem to have the ehci_* drivers loaded (which covers high-speed USB 2.0),
but I don't see any low/full speed drivers. On a PC, those would be either
ohci_hcd (what your Debian box uses) or uhci_hcd. I am not sure what your
router uses.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@gmail