Good Day Roger

AA. Could you show us your current configuration files?

==> Yes. My configurations as below :

   1. File = nut.conf
       MODE=standalone

   2. File = ups.conf
       [pcmups]
           driver = usbhid-ups
           port = auto
           desc = "pcmups test"

   3. File = upsmon.conf
       MONITOR pcmups@localhost 1 pcmups 22258552 master
       MINSUPPLIES  1
       SHUTDOWNCMD  "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
       NOTIFYCMD  "/etc/nut/notifycmd"
       POLLFREQ  5
       POLLFREQALERT  5
       HOSTSYNC  15
       DEADTIME  15
       POWERDOWNFLAG  /etc/killpower
       NOTIFYFLAG  ONLINE  SYSLOG+WALL
       NOTIFYFLAG  ONBATT  SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
       NOTIFYFLAG  LOWBATT  SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
       RBWARNTIME  43200
       NOCOMMWARNTIME  300
       FINALDELAY  5

   4. File = upsd.users
       [pcmups]
           password=22258552
           action=SET
           instcmds=ALL
           upsmon master

   5. File = notifycmd
   #!/bin/bash
   #
   # NUT NOTIFYCMD script
   PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin
   trap "exit 0" SIGTERM
   if [ "$NOTIFYTYPE" = "ONLINE" ]
   then
       echo $0: power restored | wall
       # Cause all instances of this script to exit.
       killall -s SIGTERM `basename $0`
   fi
   if [ "$NOTIFYTYPE" = "ONBATT" ]
   then
       echo $0: 3 minutes till system powers down... | wall
       # Loop with one second interval to allow SIGTERM reception.
       let "n = 180"
       while [ $n -ne 0 ]
       do
               sleep 1
               let "n--"
       done
       echo $0: commencing shutdown | wall
       upsmon -c fsd
   fi    6. File =upssched.conf
       CMDSCRIPT  /bin/upssched-cmd
       PIPEFN  /var/run/nut/upssched/upssched.pipe
       LOCKFN  /var/run/nut/upssched/upssched.lock

   ==> Above 6 files I place in the same directory "/etc/nut/"

BB. What does command "ps aux | grep ups"  report?

==> Yes. Below is the concise result

   root  upstart-udev-bridge --daemon
   root  upstart-socket-bridge  --daemon
   root  upstart-file-bridge  --daemon
   root  /usr/sbin/cups-browsed
   dinow  upstart-event-bridge
   dinow  upstart-file-bridge  --daemon --user
dinow upstart-dbus-bridge --daemon --system --user --bus-name system dinow upstart-dbus-bridge --daemon --session --user --bus-name session
   nut  /lib/nut/usbhid-ups  -a  pcmups
   nut  upsd
   root  upsmon
   nut  upsmon
   root  /usr/sbin/cupsd  -f
   lp  /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus  bus://

CC. Do you have a script in a systemd system-shutdown directory which calls "upsdrvctl shutdown" ?

==> No

==> I have tried this command "upsdrvctl shutdown" as below results (However the UPS still sustain the power)

   Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.1
   Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.38 (2.7.1)
   USB communication driver 0.32
   Using subdriver : PowerCOM HID 0.4
   Initiating UPS shutdown

==> Thanks for your reading and hope your any advices

Sincerely yours, May. 12th
Dinow Hsieh
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Price" <ro...@rogerprice.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:55 PM