Hey Eyal,

Actually, in the mode you call "command mode" there is no depth value.

To be more specific, the depth value is not "folder depth" it means the number
of times the crawler would run from the basic seeds you entered to it. So for
example if you put into your seeds 1 url to www.sample.com and in the crawl
mode you set the "depth" to 3 than the crawler would run 3 times where each
time the urls found during the previous crawl would be crawld. In the last
stages of the crawl after the crawling stage is done the data would be
indexed.

So, in the "command mode" to achieve this you would need to write a small bash
script which would copy that behavior which is:

For the number of depth
NewSegment = Nutch generate # generate the list of url to fetch
Nutch fetch NewSegment # fetch list of URLs
Nutch updatedb NewSegment # update the status of crawled links and add new
found links.
Next.

HTH,

Gal Nitzan.