Hi,

I've been noticing some strange search results recently. I seem
to be getting two issues.

1. The fieldNorm for certain terms is unusually high for certain sites
for anchors and titles. And they are usually just whole numbers (4.0, 5.0, etc).
I find this strange since the lengthNorm used to calculate this is
very unlikely to result in an integer. It's either 1/sqrt(numTokens) or
1/log(e+numTokens). Where is 5.0 coming from?

2. I'm getting hits for sites that don't contain ANY of the terms in my
search. This is exacerbated by issue #1 since the fieldNorm boosts this
page to the top of the results. I thought it might be because of  my
changes for stemming, but this happens for search terms that are not
changed by stemming at all.

Anyone run into something like this? Any ideas on how to start debugging?

Thanks,
Howie

Howie