Excellent Ideas and that is what i'm hoping to use
some of the social bookmarking type ideas to build the
starter sites from and linkmaps from.

I hope to work with Simpy or other bookmarking
projects to build somewhat of a popularity map(human
edited authorit) to merge and calculate against a
computer generated map (via standard link processing,
anchor results and such)

My only continuing question is how to manage the
merge, index process of staging/processing your
crawl/fetch jobs such as this.  It seems all of our
theories would be a single crawl and publish of that
index rather than a living/breathing corpus.

Unless we map/bucket the segments to have some purpose
it's difficult to manage how we process them, sort
them or analyze them to defign or extra more meaning
from them.

Brain is exploding :)

-byron