Hi Andrzej,
may be  I come closer to your idea of caching some objects.

Yes. If you remember our discussion, I'd like also to follow a pattern where such instances are cached inside this NutchConf instance, if appropriate (i.e. if they are reusable and multi- threaded).

As mentioned I think it makes no sense to cache things like plugin extension object, but what you think about caching the PluginRepository that was already created with this specific configuration instance. Of course we can not serialize this, but I guess this will improve the performance somehow, since we do not need to scan the plugin folder and time.

Stefan