I would like to boost a Document in the Index if it meets a certain
condition. The condition itself is not part of the index. Documents
that meet the condition should always have a higher boost than
Documents that don't meet the condition.

For instance I have a metadata property x that is added at Parse time.
The property is not indexed itself, but when it is found in the
IndexingFilter, the Document should get a higher Boost than Documents
for which the property is empty.

How would I go about realizing this. In my IndexingFilter, I could
call Document.setBoost(float f). Could I use this method? What would
be a sensible value?

Rgrds, Thomas

D-SEN Software Engineering - www.dsen.nl