> Furthermore, we can read in HTTP/1.1 specification
> that "A server MUST NOT
> send
> transfer-codings to an HTTP/1.0 client".

I once did an socket implementation against
Anonymizer. This is well established proxy service
that services $100K+ government and private contracts.

Their server always sent chunked content despite all
headers. I'm pretty sure that there are other well
established servers that send chunked content despite
the rfc.

Guessing that it might have something to do with
wanting to control content compression. All the
browsers can handle it, and that's probably all apple
is concerned with - even though they're overriding an
rfc spec req.

Chris