You're right -- changing anything with the input (snippets length,
number of documents etc) will alter the clusters. This is basically how
it works. If you want clustering in your search engine then, depending
on the type of data you serve, you'll have to experiment with the
settings a bit and see which give you satisfactory results. I don't
think there is any particular reason to provide different data to the
clusterer. Moreover, it'd complicate things quite badly.

Thanks Dawid for your response.
In fact, I don't really want to change this, but just to be sure that
everybody is aware about it and to have some opinions.

Regards

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/