I like Hadoop version of workflow. I do not think that we would have
problems with reopenning as issues would not be closed immidiatelly
after resolving them. In some extreme situations one can always open a
new bug that references closed one.
Piotr
On 9/1/06, Chris Mattmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Doug,

> But the nutch-developers Jira group pretty closely corresponds to
> Nutch's committers, so perhaps all committers should be permitted to
> close, although this should be exercised with caution, only at releases,
> since closes cannot be undone in this workflow.
>
> Another alternative would be to construct a new workflow that just adds
> the "Patch Available" status and still permits issues to be re-opened.
>
> Which sounds best for Nutch?

Good question. Well, my personal preference would be for one that allows
issue closes to be undone, as I've seen several cases (even some recent ones
such as NUTCH-258) where someone in the nutch-developers group has closed an
issue (including myself) that users in fact don't believe is resolved.

So my +1 for having the 2nd option above: an alternative workflow to that of
the Hadoop one that simply adds the "Patch Available" status and still
permits issues to be re-opened.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

Cheers,