i used an existing ThaiAnalyzer which was in lucene package.
ok - i renamed the lucene.analysis.th.* to nutch.analysis.th.* - compiled
and
placed all class files in a jar - analysis-th.jar (do i need to bundle the
ngp file in the jar as well ?)

1. You don't have to refactor the lucene analyzer. Just to wrap it like I do
with french and german analyzers (they both use some analyzers from lucene).
2. Analyzer doesn't need ngp files... I think you misunderstood something:
2.1 In one side there is the language identifier that use NGP files to
identify language of a document
2.2 In the other sided if a suitable analyzer is found for the identified
language, it is used to analyze the document.

Regards

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/