From: Doğacan Güney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: nutch-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:56:32 PM
Subject: Re: NUTCH-119 :: how hard to fix

On 6/27/07, Kai_testing Middleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am evaluating nutch+lucene as a crawl and search solution.
>
> However, I am finding major bugs in nutch right off the bat.
>
> In particular, NUTCH-119: nutch is not crawling relative URLs.  I have some
> discussion of it here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg08644.html
>
> Most of the links off www.variety.com, one of my main test sites, have
> relative URLs.  It seems incredible that nutch, which is capable of
> mapreduce, cannot fetch these URLs.
>
> It could be that I would fix this bug if, for other reasons, I decide to go
> with nutch+lucene.  Has anyone tried fixing this problem?  Is it intractable?
>  Or are the developers, who are just volunteers anyway, more interested in
> fixing other problems?
>
> Could someone outline the issue for me a bit more clearly so I would know how
> to evaluate it?

Both this one and the other site you were mentioning (sf911truth) have
more than 100 outlinks. Nutch, by default, only stores 100 outlinks
per page (db.max.outlinks.per.page). Link about.html happens to be
105th link or so, so nutch doesn't store it. All you have to do is
either increase db.max.outlinks.per.page or set it  to -1 (which
means, store all outlinks).

--
Doğacan Güney

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.