Hey guys,
Sorry for the non-responsiveness here. I recently left my old employment and
have been packing for a cross-country move.

I agree that for 1.0 the best bet is what Sami has done. The code that I was
working on is available here:

http://github.com/toddlipcon/nutch/tree/nutch-669

But it is not production ready - notably there's a problem whereby it runs
out of memory even with a reasonably large heap.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete working on it, given the cluster
(and workload) I was using to test were from my old job, but I'm happy to
provide any assistance understanding the work I began if you'd like to try
to integrate it for 1.1

-Todd