Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
Hi all,

I think we should be creating a sandbox area, where we can collaborate
on various subprojects, such as HBase, OSGI, Tika parsers, etc. Dogacan will be importing his HBase work as 'nutchbase'. Tika work is the least disruptive, so it could occur even on trunk. OSGI plugins work (which I'd like to tackle) means significant refactoring so I'd rather put this on a branch too.

Dogacan, you mentioned that you would like to work on Katta integration. Could you shed some light on how this fits with the abstract indexing & searching layer that we now have, and how distributed Solr fits into this picture?

In hadoop, we do branch for huge patches that affect every other, like Hadoop-4687(project split), and HADOOP-3628(lifecycles). Having branches for hbase integration and osgi might help a lot. Committing the patches immediately, and then resolving remaining issues, keeping up with the trunk, etc. seems to be easier that way.